The main focus for this year’s festival will be on Short Films, both Gawad CCP Para sa Alternatibong Pelikula at Video and Cinemalaya Retrospectives.
President Rodrigo Duterte has granted the appeal of the medical community to revert back to stricter lockdown measures (MECQ) measures in Metro Manila and other nearby provinces as the country continues to see a surge of COVID-19 cases.
The administration approved top revert Metro Manila, Laguna, Cavite, Rizal, and Bulacan under the stricter modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) from Aug. 4 to 18 during a meeting with his Cabinet on Monday night, his spokesman Harry Roque told reporters in a text message.
Note: A quarantine pass is needed when going out.
OMNIBUS PUBLIC and PRIVATE TRANSPORT PROTOCOLS DURING ECQ, MECQ, and GCQ set by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) and the Department of Transportation (DOTr).
During the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ), and Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ), operations of public transportation shall be halted except shuttle services that will ferry medical frontliners or workers employed in permitted services.
- Rail lines such as LRT, MRT, and PNR can resume operations but shall enforce limited or reduced passenger capacity scheme.
- PUV modes with higher passenger capacity shall be prioritized.
- Public Utility Buses (PUBs), and Public Utility Jeepneys (PUJs) shall carry 50% or half of its vehicle’s passenger capacity.
- For UV Express and taxis, only one (1) passenger shall be seated on the driver’s row, while a maximum of two (2) passengers can be seated at the backseat per row.
- For tricycles, its operators shall secure a special permit from its Local Government Unit (LGU). Tricycles are allowed to deliver “feeder” services.
- For Transportation Network Vehicle Services (TNVS), multiple bookings or carpooling is not allowed.
Public shuttle services can ferry those medical frontliners or workers of permitted services and shall observe social distancing while inside the vehicle.
During the General Community Quarantine (GCQ) period, the following rail and road transport protocols shall be enforced:
- During ECQ, and MECQ, rented company shuttles shall secure a special permit from the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB), and shall carry 50% of the shuttle’s passenger capacity.
- During GCQ, company shuttles no longer need to secure a special permit from LTFRB but shall continuously implement 50% passenger capacity.
- During ECQ, MECQ, and GCQ, personal vehicles shall carry those individuals/workers of permitted sectors, with a maximum of 50% passenger capacity.
- During ECQ, the use of bicycles and motorcycles is allowed provided that the rider is APOR or an Authorized Person who can go Outside of Residence. Back riding is strictly prohibited.
- During MECQ, and GCQ, back-riding in bicycles and motorcycles is still NOT allowed
- During ECQ, the use of electronic scooters is NOT allowed. However, it can be used during MECQ, and GCQ but shall only carry a maximum of one (1) person, with its usage subject to existing traffic rules and regulations.
All of us has a responsibility to help protect not just ourselves but to our wider community as well, by staying informed, taking our own precautions, practising good hygiene and upping our immune system.
Remember that prevention is an endeavor that can only succeed with a society-wide effort. Again, please practice Social Distancing, and let’s do our share to Flatten The Curve.
Stay strong everyone. Lets all hope and act towards fighting this pandemic. May God bless us all. Here are 10 THINGS YOU CAN DO DURING THE METRO MANILA LOCKDOWN
Check out the live analytics counter for monitored cased across all countries HERE.
The unique Tagalog language offers some powerful and inspiring words that are both beautiful to say and have powerful meanings. Dive into these powerful Filipino words.
A few days left before June 21st! Where will you celebrate Father’s Day? A few may say that mandatory celebration like is just a big marketing hoax to get you to spend and be lured in as a consumer. Well, partly YES. Same with Valentine’s day right? or any life celebrations for that matter. We, Pinoys are sappy sentimental like that and we are more empathetic, celebratory, and sentimental by culture. We grew up that way and we shouldn’t feel sorry for it. Besides, Father’s Day is a day for many people to show their appreciation towards fathers. Last year we wrote about “Where to Go” to celebrate Father’s Day- now, we’ll show you WHAT TO DO! to have a solid fun time with dad.
First. we need good food. It is not a celebration if there’s no celebratory food on our table.
Your dad deserves his very own sous vide Angus Steak Kit.
Cooking the steak takes only 4 minutes to grill (2 minutes each side only!) so he doesn’t have to wait long!
The included brown-butter mashed potato is butter and fluffy. The added Parmesan cheese added the nutty and salty umami combo.
1inch cut of Angus Rib-Eye, sous-vide to a perfect medium-rare.
Old Swiss Inn’s Father’s Day Angus Rib-Eye Steak & Potatoes Kit
P3,000 for the entire kit which contains 1 1inch cut Angus Rib-Eye (about 500g), 1 packet of Brown-Butter Parmesan Mashed Potatoes, and fresh tomatoes. For orders delivered on June 19-21, we’ll be giving a FREE bottle of red wine with this kit.You can place your order at:
- Instagram: @oldswissinn
- Viber/ WhatsApp/ Hotline: +639189999555
How to make 14 hour Cold Brew at home
When you hear Cold Brew, you automatically think of this cold beverage you can typically find in your third wave coffee shop that’s also been adopted by your local coffee chains. It basically means coffee that was brewed with cold water rather than hot. This process is actually very simple it’s a means of extracting the flavor and caffeine of coffee beans using cold water steeped for 12 to 24 hours rather than hot water. This method makes the drink less bitter than hot coffee and has a number of benefits we’ve listed below:
- It may boost your metabolism
- It lifts your mood
- It may lower risk of heart disease
- It may be easier on your stomach than hot coffee
- Less Acidic than hot coffee
The FGDO team created this simple recipe for those who want to try making their own Cold Brew at home.
Remember that you can use any kind of bean you have available, whether it’s arabica or robusta.
Want to learn more about coffee? Check out Coffee reviews HERE.
A very simple cold brew recipe to do at home
- 1 Cup Freshly Ground Coffee (Medium Sized)
- 4 Cups filtered cold water
- Step 1 Ground your coffee beans to medium ground
- Step 2 Find a container that will fit 5 cups and simply add the water and coffee together
- Step 3 Cover the container and leave for 12-24 hours depending on your preference.
- Step 4 Once you finished steeping the coffee, use a strainer to remove coffee grounds and transfer to a glass jar that you can store in your refrigerator. Serve on ice and enjoy. You can also add milk if you prefer. Remember if the brew is too strong you can always add water to your glass when serving.
Any recipes you want us to make? Let us know!
- Official Facebook Page
- Official Instagram Page
- Official YouTube Page
- Official Spotify Page- Curated MixTapes/Playlist
- Zomato Reviewer Profile
- TripAdvisor Top 2% Contributor
How to Make Max’s Tofu Sisig at home If you’re a tofu lover like I am and then sure you’ve heard of Max’s famous tofu sisig. In this FGDO recipe, we created our own hack on how to do this tofu dish at home. […]