How to make Ate Rica’s Bacsilog at home
As a DLSU Alumni, we had our favorites when it came to dining. Ate Rica’s bacsilog was just a small stall in Agno St. near the sports complex. DLSU had its own food culture that students and alumni alike would revisit, check out our DLSU Comfort Food Series if you want to know more. Basically the center of this food hub was Agno was where they served the very affordable and good food. Ate Rica as we called her basically served Bacsilog, which is bacon, rice, egg with knorr and drizzled with a cheese cause. This was way back in 2005, and today Ate Rica has expanded with several franchises that are even in some malls.
Here is a very simple guide on how to make and arrange your Bacsilog at home.
Bacsilog (Ate Rica's Style)
De La Salle University's famous Ate Rica's Bacsilog that you can do at home
- 2 eggs
- 250 grams honey cured bacon
- Cheese Whiz
- 2 Cups cooked white rice
- Step 1 Cook bacon in 2 Tbsp oil until crunchy or until how you want it cooked.
- Step 2 Once the bacon is done, use the bacon oil to cook your sunny side up egg.
- Step 3 Now it’s time to assemble,get two bowls and add 1 cup of rice. Add some knorr seasoning on your rice. Top with the egg and the bacon and pour some of the cheese whiz on top.
- Step 4 Mix and ejoy.
Any recipe you want to learn? Let us know.
- Official Facebook Page
- Official Instagram Page
- Official YouTube Page
- Official Spotify Page- Curated MixTapes/Playlist
- Zomato Reviewer Profile
- TripAdvisor Top 2% Contributor