One of the things we always struggle with at our home is what to cook, this is especially hard when it comes to special occasions where you just want to have something different. In one of our favorite dining places in Makati, they make excellent Bourbon Street Style Shrimp, and we’ve tried to recreate it.
For those shrimp lovers, try the Fat Girls version of Bourbon Street Style Shrimp. The tender shrimp is perfect for the creamy sauce that has hints of garlic, lemon, and hot sauce.
When To Make:
The perfect occasion to create this simple dish is during family dinners, and date nights at home.
Bourbon Street Style Shrimp
This easy Bourbon Style Shrimp Recipe is easy and simple to make. The Shrimp has a creamy garlic sauce with a kick of spice. Perfectly paired with mashed potatoes and steamed green beans.
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Head Minced Shallots
- 1/2 Kg of Shrimps
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 oz shot of bourbon (Alternative: Vanilla Extract)
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp Hot Sauce
- Step 1 Add Olive Oil to a hot pan then saute garlic and shallots until fragrant.
- Step 2 Add Shrimps and Lemon Juice, saute until the shrimp has turned from the gray color to an orange hue. Make sure not to overcook the shrimps.
- Step 3 Deglaze with Bourbon.
- Step 4 Add the hot sauce, salt, pepper, and cayenne powder.
- Step 5 Finish by adding the heavy cream, mix thoroughly and thicken the sauce.
- Step 6 Once you reach the desired consistency, serve and enjoy.
Got any thoughts? Engage with us; firstname.lastname@example.org