How to Cook Chawan Mushi at Home
This dish is very delicate but it’s actually simpler than it seems. Chawan Mushi serves as an appetizer in Japanese cuisine or part of a kaiseki menu. Today the FGDO team has created a simple recipe so that you can make your own chawan mushi at home.
There are basically 3 steps that you need to follow:
This savory egg custard this is very easy to make at home and we hope you enjoy it!
Chawan Mushi Recipe
This 3 step Chawan Mushi recipe is very easy to follow and do at home! Mix, Strain, and Steam.
- 1/2 cup dashi (Dilute dashi powder and room temperature water)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- Chopped shitake mushrooms, crab meat, shrimp
- Chopped Spring Onions
- Additional equipment required:
- Step 1 Boil 4 cups of water in a deep pot and set aside. This should stay at medium heat while steaming when we add our ramekin.
- Step 2 Simply combine the 1/2 cup of dashi, eggs, and fish sauce.
- Step 3 Once combined strain the mixture and remove any bubbles that may appear in the mixture and pour into a ramekin. You can also add other ingredients like crab meat or mushrooms to enhance the flavor.
- Step 4 Add the ramekin into the steamer and let it steam for about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve.
Any recipes you want us to make? Let us know!
- Official Facebook Page
- Official Instagram Page
- Official YouTube Page
- Official Spotify Page- Curated MixTapes/Playlist
- Zomato Reviewer Profile
- TripAdvisor Top 2% Contributor