How to make Chicken Schnitzel at home
Originally from Austria, schnitzel is a thin slice of meat fried in fat. Today, the FGDO team will teach you how to make this viennese dish at home.
Deep fried thin sliced chicken meat with a side of lemon
- 2 large chicken breast fillet
- 1 Tsp mustard
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- garlic powder
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- You will also need:
- Cling wrap
- rolling pin/meat tenderizer
- Step 1 Take your 2 chicken breast fillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2 Now once it’s seasoned you want to flatten the chicken to around 1/2 inch thick. You can do that by covering the top and bottom part of the chicken and using the rolling pin or a hammer to flatten out the chicken. Once that’s done set aside.
- Step 3 Now you want to take 3 bowls, fill one with flour, one with the egg, and one with the bread crumbs. Add salt, pepper, parprika and garlic powder to each of the bowels. Add the mustard to the egg bowl and mix together.
- Step 4 Pre-heat your oil.
- Step 5 Take the chicken and coat it with flour, then in the egg, and finally with the breadcrumbs.
- Step 6 You can now place it in the oil and fry each side for around 10 minutes.
- Step 7 Once both sides are fried and crispy, you can now take it out of the oil.
- Step 8 Serve with a lemon slice.
Any recipe you want us to make? Let us know.
- Official Facebook Page
- Official Instagram Page
- Official YouTube Page
- Official Spotify Page- Curated MixTapes/Playlist
- Zomato Reviewer Profile
- TripAdvisor Top 2% Contributor