How to make Chicken Sopas at home
Whether it’s hot, or your sick, you want something comforting. Chicken Sopas is exactly that for most of us filipinos. Growing up, my family had the plain version of this dish with just the chicken, no carrots, no hotdog, no liver, no cabbage. And thats what I grew up eating but when I started to work in corporate I was able to try this version that had all those missing components and while I enjoyed that we created our version of the pinoy sopas that we love.
Chicken Sopas - FGDO Style
The Fat Girls Day Out version of the Filipino Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 large boneless chicken breast fillet
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small carrot
- 5 leaves of Cabbage
- 1 knorr chicken cubes
- 1 Can 370ml Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups of water
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Cup elbow macaroni noodles
- Salt and Pepper
- Step 1 Boil the chicken in medium heat and when it’s cooked set it aside.
- Step 2 Prepare the other ingredients, chop the onions, garlic, carrots, and cabbage. Set Aside.
- Step 3 Shred the chicken breast into thin fibers.
- Step 4 Melt the butter and sautee the garlic and onions. When it’s fragrant, add the shredded chicken and cook for 2 minutes.
- Step 5 Add the noodles, water, evaporated milk, and the knorr cube.
- Step 6 Simmer for 15 minutes then add the carrots and cabbage.
- Step 7 Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 8 Close the fire and serve.
Any recipes you want us to make? Let us know.
- Official Facebook Page
- Official Instagram Page
- Official YouTube Page
- Official Spotify Page- Curated MixTapes/Playlist
- Zomato Reviewer Profile
- TripAdvisor Top 2% Contributor