How to make the best Chocolate Chip Cookie at home
There are just so many cookies available in the Philippine market, we have Mo’s cookies, Ben’s cookies, Mrs.Fields, Scout’s Honor, Twenty Four Bakeshop, Bungalow, Ollie’s kitchen, and the Bald Baker. There are so many cookie makers available that the Filipino’s can’t help but crave these sweet treats. But now since everyone is in lockdown, it’s hard to get your hands on these delicacies that you just have to make it yourself at home but with the numerous amount of available resources online, you don’t know which one is good.
And it begs the question, what makes a good chocolate chip cookie?
Personally, I like my chocolate chip chewy, slightly undercooked, it has a nice rise and varying sizes of chocolate chunks. The FGDO team created this simple recipe to follow that can get you to that sweet spot of chewy, rich, with a hint of saltiness to finish the perfect bite.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
The best chewy chocolate chip cookies you can make at home
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Step 1 In a large bowl, mix together the softened butter, salt, and the 2 types of sugar until they form a smooth paste
- Step 2 Whisk in the egg and vanilla until light ribbons falls off the whisk
- Step 3 Sift in the flour and baking soda and use a spatula to mix in the ingredients together
- Step 4 Fold in the chocolate chunks and leave in the refrigerator for 90 mins. For a more intense flavor, you can leave it in the ref overnight
- Step 5 Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- Step 6 Scoop out the batter using an ice cream scooper then put into a aluminum tray lined with parchment paper. Keep the batter 2 inches apart so that even if it spreads they wont stick to each other
- Step 7 Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges start to brown
- Step 8 Cool completely before serving
- Step 9
Any recipes you want us to make? Let us know!
- Official Facebook Page
- Official Instagram Page
- Official YouTube Page
- Official Spotify Page- Curated MixTapes/Playlist
- Zomato Reviewer Profile
- TripAdvisor Top 2% Contributor