How to make 14 hour Cold Brew at home
When you hear Cold Brew, you automatically think of this cold beverage you can typically find in your third wave coffee shop that’s also been adopted by your local coffee chains. It basically means coffee that was brewed with cold water rather than hot. This process is actually very simple it’s a means of extracting the flavor and caffeine of coffee beans using cold water steeped for 12 to 24 hours rather than hot water. This method makes the drink less bitter than hot coffee and has a number of benefits we’ve listed below:
- It may boost your metabolism
- It lifts your mood
- It may lower risk of heart disease
- It may be easier on your stomach than hot coffee
- Less Acidic than hot coffee
The FGDO team created this simple recipe for those who want to try making their own Cold Brew at home.
Remember that you can use any kind of bean you have available, whether it’s arabica or robusta.
Want to learn more about coffee? Check out Coffee reviews HERE.
A very simple cold brew recipe to do at home
- 1 Cup Freshly Ground Coffee (Medium Sized)
- 4 Cups filtered cold water
- Step 1 Ground your coffee beans to medium ground
- Step 2 Find a container that will fit 5 cups and simply add the water and coffee together
- Step 3 Cover the container and leave for 12-24 hours depending on your preference.
- Step 4 Once you finished steeping the coffee, use a strainer to remove coffee grounds and transfer to a glass jar that you can store in your refrigerator. Serve on ice and enjoy. You can also add milk if you prefer. Remember if the brew is too strong you can always add water to your glass when serving.
Any recipes you want us to make? Let us know!
- Official Facebook Page
- Official Instagram Page
- Official YouTube Page
- Official Spotify Page- Curated MixTapes/Playlist
- Zomato Reviewer Profile
- TripAdvisor Top 2% Contributor