How to cook Honey Pili Shrimp
If you love shrimp, then I’m sure you’ll love this recipe. This recipe is actually inspired by Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp that I tried on my last trip to the US. So I combined some elements from their recipe and made it our very own version that we call the honey pili shrimp. It’s essentially a hot prawn salad that uses pili nuts that’s native to the Bicol region of the Philippines.
If you want to learn more about Bicol, check out our guide here.
Honey Pili Shrimp
We remade the Panda express Honey Walnut Shrimp but used Pili nut instead as it's native to the Philippines.
- 1/2 Kg of shrimp with the shell removed
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1 pack Ynut Honey Glazed Pili (if not available use 1/2 Cup Pili nut, 1 Cup sugar, 1 Cup water)
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- For the Sauce:
- 1/4 C mayonaise
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream or All Purpose Cream
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- For garnish:
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Step 1 Let’s start with the nuts. If you don’t have Ynut Honey glazed pili, start with combining your sugar and water and get them to boil, then add your pili nuts and set aside on a tray to cool. Set Aside.
- Step 2 For the shrimps, season with salt and pepper. Grab 2 bowls, one for your beaten eggs and another for your cornstarch and flour mixture.
- Step 3 Preheat your oil to medium heat then add the shrimps to the eggs then coat in the flour mixture before adding to the oil for frying. Fry all of the shrimp in batches and set aside.
- Step 4 For the sauce, mix together the honey, cream, sriracha and mayonaise in another mixing bowl.
- Step 5 Once all 3 ingredients are ready mix together the nuts, the shrimps, and the sauce in a mixing bowl and serve with white rice.
Any recipes you want us to make? Let us know!
- Official Facebook Page
- Official Instagram Page
- Official YouTube Page
- Official Spotify Page- Curated MixTapes/Playlist
- Zomato Reviewer Profile
- TripAdvisor Top 2% Contributor