Standing steadily within the walls of Little Tokyo Makati is Izakaya Kikufuji. Old worn out paint, clunky doorknob, angsty wait staff, and oh so bad parking space. Bianca and I have been eating at this Izakaya for more than 4 years now nothing ever changes (both in its good and bad character). We can stomach those variables just to get our fresh sashimi fix and authentic Japanese style dining.
Fat Girls Day Out Recommends
Should you be a Kikufuji first-timer we recommend that you at least get these fire starters on your table
- Spicy Maguro (tuna) Sashimi (295php)– Chunks. Yes, generous CHUNKS of maguro gloriously ready to be devoured.
- Special California Maki (450php)– 8 large California maki rolls topped with huge chunks spicy tuna, slabs of mango, and salmon roe.
- 5 Kinds Sashimi (550php)- Fresh thick slides of maguro (tuna), shake (salmon), saba (mackerel), uni (sea urchin), and ika (squid). You may opt to interchange quantity replacements based on preference. For us, we always go for salmon, tuna, uni, and unagi!
- Kushi Yaki Sticks: Prices may vary.
- Grilled Gindara
Visual Snippets of Food
Best time to go during lunch as their lunch deals get pretty sweet.
- The 10% service charge is waived off
- Cheaper menu combinations compared to the “a la carte” serving
- Free one Gohan/rice refill for lunch set items
- Free appetizers and soup: The spicy maguro sashimi!
- Free fruit or UCC iced coffee mix after every meal.
Off the Menu Items
- Spicy Soft Shell Crab
- Special California Maki: Opt to change the standard spicy tuna to spicy salmon instead.
- Lunch special: Exchange spicy tuna to spicy salmon.
- Youcan get the spicy tuna on top of the special Cali maki changed to spicy salmon.
- Park in Makati Cinema Square’s basement area.
- They have a valet service. Look for the ‘guy’ who usually
- usually hangs out near the tree or in front of the ramen resto beside Kikufuji.
The Secret Beer Stub
- For every 500php spent you can ask for a free beer stub which you may use on your next visit. Also, never throw away expired beer stubs. They still accept those, but you it’ll cost you two (2) stubs for 1 mug of beer.
The Wait Game
- Call in advance or come 30-60 mins earlier than your intended time to eat and get a number.
Our Overall Take
Izakaya Kikufuji really does serve authentic Japanese food. We cannot say that it is affordable- affordability is based on one’s concept of purchasing power of affordability. We believe the perfect term would be- GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY. Their price point is of great value to what they’ve been exchanging in return. Generous serving and quality of ingredients is their main key to success. A straightforward Izakaya who doesn’t play too much with their food.
As Little Tokyo Makati housed the gems of Japanese cuisine in Manila serving premium quality sashimi, sushi, and grilled food on a daily, this place is where the people come to eat the best of the best. It definitely does not get much fresher and great value for your hard-earned money than Izakaya Kikufuji
Our CX Rating:
Engage with us; firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Official Facebook Page
- Official Instagram Page
- Official YouTube Page
- Official Spotify Page- Curated MixTapes/Playlist
- Zomato Reviewer Profile
- Address: Little Tokyo, 2277 Chino Roces Avenue, Legaspi Village, Makati City
- Contact #: +632 893 6131
- Operating Hours
- 11am-2:00pm (lunch)
- 5:30 pm- 11pm (dinner)
- Average Spend
- Lunch Time: 800php-1,00php (2-3 pax)
- Dinner Time: 1,00ophp-1,500php (2-3 pax)