A quick coffee history lesson for you: back in the 1960s, coffee consumption began to grow exponentially. For the first time, coffee became widely accessible. This marked The First Wave.
The Second Wave came with an increase in the quality of coffee readily accessible. Big companies – such as Starbucks – started running coffee shops as money-making businesses. Coffee started to turn into a luxury product rather than a necessity.
The Third Wave is about giving special focus to specialty coffees and giving importance to their quality, origin, and unique characteristics. They focus on using a scientific approach in farming, roasting, and brewing to bring out the very best in coffee.
- Embrace Manila’s brewing café scene as you get to know more about the country’s Third Wave Coffee Industry
- Discover Manila’s obscure cafés in unlikely corners, known to serve the best well-crafted coffees in town
- Learn from your guide about the vast coffee culture per café, from beans to roasting techniques
- Klook exclusive: Participate in a coffee crawl tastefully curated by Fat Girls Day Out!
Experience a different kind of Manila tour and dive into the exciting Third Wave Coffee Industry happening in the metropolis. The Manila Coffee Crawl is dedicated to all caffeine junkies and tourists who want to dig deeper into the hip and trendy scene brewing at the moment. Led by the Fat Girls Day Out team, this tour will take you to Manila’s lesser-known destinations, where only the best-handcrafted coffees are made. Get to know five obscure coffee shops all across the metro and embrace each of their cultures as you learn more about them. From beans, roasting techniques, to experience the handcrafted coffee per shop, every visit is worth the money if you’re looking to blend more into Manila’s local scene.
- Philippine exclusive one of a kind Third Wave Coffee Crawl Series
- 2 English speaking tour guides
- Transportation (Pick up, transfers, and final drop off)
- Photo coverage
Visual Snippets from our tour
For inquiries e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us +63998 5448140