President Rodrigo Duterte has granted the appeal of the medical community to revert back to stricter lockdown measures (MECQ) measures in Metro Manila and other nearby provinces as the country continues to see a surge of COVID-19 cases.
The administration approved top revert Metro Manila, Laguna, Cavite, Rizal, and Bulacan under the stricter modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) from Aug. 4 to 18 during a meeting with his Cabinet on Monday night, his spokesman Harry Roque told reporters in a text message.
Note: A quarantine pass is needed when going out.
OMNIBUS PUBLIC and PRIVATE TRANSPORT PROTOCOLS DURING ECQ, MECQ, and GCQ set by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) and the Department of Transportation (DOTr).
During the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ), and Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ), operations of public transportation shall be halted except shuttle services that will ferry medical frontliners or workers employed in permitted services.
- Rail lines such as LRT, MRT, and PNR can resume operations but shall enforce limited or reduced passenger capacity scheme.
- PUV modes with higher passenger capacity shall be prioritized.
- Public Utility Buses (PUBs), and Public Utility Jeepneys (PUJs) shall carry 50% or half of its vehicle’s passenger capacity.
- For UV Express and taxis, only one (1) passenger shall be seated on the driver’s row, while a maximum of two (2) passengers can be seated at the backseat per row.
- For tricycles, its operators shall secure a special permit from its Local Government Unit (LGU). Tricycles are allowed to deliver “feeder” services.
- For Transportation Network Vehicle Services (TNVS), multiple bookings or carpooling is not allowed.
Public shuttle services can ferry those medical frontliners or workers of permitted services and shall observe social distancing while inside the vehicle.
During the General Community Quarantine (GCQ) period, the following rail and road transport protocols shall be enforced:
- During ECQ, and MECQ, rented company shuttles shall secure a special permit from the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB), and shall carry 50% of the shuttle’s passenger capacity.
- During GCQ, company shuttles no longer need to secure a special permit from LTFRB but shall continuously implement 50% passenger capacity.
- During ECQ, MECQ, and GCQ, personal vehicles shall carry those individuals/workers of permitted sectors, with a maximum of 50% passenger capacity.
- During ECQ, the use of bicycles and motorcycles is allowed provided that the rider is APOR or an Authorized Person who can go Outside of Residence. Back riding is strictly prohibited.
- During MECQ, and GCQ, back-riding in bicycles and motorcycles is still NOT allowed
- During ECQ, the use of electronic scooters is NOT allowed. However, it can be used during MECQ, and GCQ but shall only carry a maximum of one (1) person, with its usage subject to existing traffic rules and regulations.
All of us has a responsibility to help protect not just ourselves but to our wider community as well, by staying informed, taking our own precautions, practising good hygiene and upping our immune system.
Remember that prevention is an endeavor that can only succeed with a society-wide effort. Again, please practice Social Distancing, and let’s do our share to Flatten The Curve.
Stay strong everyone. Lets all hope and act towards fighting this pandemic. May God bless us all. Here are 10 THINGS YOU CAN DO DURING THE METRO MANILA LOCKDOWN
Check out the live analytics counter for monitored cased across all countries HERE.