How to Make Monggo Soup at home
Growing up, we would always have Monggo soup on fridays and to be honest I didn’t like it back then. When you’re a kid, it’s one of those things that they force you to eat. But when I started working, I finally appreciated this simple dish thats best paired with fried fish and white rice.
So we made our own version of this dish that you can easily make at home.
FGDO version of the classic pork monggo soup.
- 1 Cup Mongo Beans
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tomato sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 pork cube
- 1 cup of Chicharon
- Salt and Peper
- Bundle of Sili leaves
- 3 leaves Baguio Petchay
- Step 1 Soak monggo beans for 1 hr in water and leave to rest.
- Step 2 Turn on your water on low to medium heat and sautee the onions and garlic. Once fragrant add the tomatoes, cook for 2-3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup of chopped chicharon and the fish sauce.
- Step 3 Remove the mongo beans from the water and add to the pot with vegetables. Stir fry for 2 minutes in high heat.
- Step 4 Add 3 cups of water with the pork cube. Let the soup simmer for 45 min to 1 hour depending on your preference on how cooked the beans should be.
- Step 5 Once you get the right consistency, add the remaining vegetables and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 6 Serve and top with chicharon. Enjoy with white rice.
Any recipe you want to learn? Let us know.
- Official Facebook Page
- Official Instagram Page
- Official YouTube Page
- Official Spotify Page- Curated MixTapes/Playlist
- Zomato Reviewer Profile
- TripAdvisor Top 2% Contributor