How to Make Paratha at Home
If you love Indian food like us, you are sure to love this recipe. While it may seem challenging we’ve added some tips to help you.
Tips for making the dough:
- For the ghee – You can use a 1:1 ratio of olive oil and softened butter. You use this for cooking and to add layers to the dough
- Slowly add water, remember you can always add but you can’t remove it.
- Use ghee or butter on low-medium heat upon cooking
How to make Paratha at home. Best to pair with a curry or condensed milk as a dipping sauce.
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- Water (Room Temperature) For the dough
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) You can also use butter mixed with olive oil at a 1:1 ratio
- All Purpose Flour for layering
- Step 1 Roughly mix the flour and salt
- Step 2 Add Flour and water to the mixture and create the dough. The consistency needs to be like pizza dough, not to hard or too soft.
- Step 3 Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Step 4 Divide to 12 equal parts,this recipe makes 12 pcs.
- Step 5 Make balls with the 12 parts
- Step 6 Flatten the bat into around 1/4 inch thick, once the dough is flattened out add some ghee on the entire surface of the dough. Now, this might be tricky but from the center slice the dough and roll into a cone. This will add the layers you need for your paratha. Once it’s a cone, use your both your hands into a ball keeping the shape of the cone, don’t knead it further then put into the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Step 7 Roll out the dough balls
- Step 8 Use medium heat when cooking and add ghee or butter on both sides.
- Step 9 Serve with curry, tikka masala, or condensed milk.
Any recipes you want us to make? Let us know.
- Official Facebook Page
- Official Instagram Page
- Official YouTube Page
- Official Spotify Page- Curated MixTapes/Playlist
- Zomato Reviewer Profile
- TripAdvisor Top 2% Contributor